Personal Fitness Chart

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Personal Fitness Chart

Postby cooljer1362005 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:41 pm

HI everyone. I have a question regarding the Personal Fitness Chart. Is it true that it is acceptable to do the exercises only two to three times a week as opposed to everyday? I appreciate your answers, thank you.
cooljer1362005

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:53 pm

there is a great chart in meritbadge.com in the personal fitness MB file.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby OldGreyBear » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:06 pm

Its acceptable to do excercises as often as you and your counselor agree
OldGreyBear
Eagle

Exercises

Postby El_Coqui » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:10 pm

This requirement in specific seems to be very tricky.

"Show improvement in the activities listed in requirement 10a after practicing for 30 days."

All this comes because it doesn't say "every-day for 30 days". In my troop we encourage the boys to try to do as many of the different exercises they can daily. For example, if there's a day or two in the week when he couldn't go running/walking it will not actually affect his advancement.

You should ask your committee member in charge of Advancement or a Assistant Scoutmaster in your Troop if they have any specifications about it... if not, it's a good time to start orienting the scouts.
El_Coqui
Second Class

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required