Update Computers MB requirements

Forum for discussing ideas and needs for MeritBadge.Org (The Wiki)

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for our registered Users to be able discuss ideas and technical issues/aspects of the MeritBadge wiki. This forum is 'visible' to registered Users only.

Update Computers MB requirements

Postby loweryr8358 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

An admin needs to update Computers MB requirements on meritbadge.org to align with Boy Scout Requirements, 2010 Edition.
loweryr8358
Scout

Re: Update Computers MB requirements

Postby RWSmith » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Unfortunately,

Several items on the wiki need updating, esp. since the recent release of the 2010 Requirements Handbook and the new version of the Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures, just to name two.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby loweryr8358 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:55 pm

The updates to the Computers MB requirements are not extensive; could be completed in less than 10 minutes. If someone would give me the permissions, I'd be glad to do the update.
loweryr8358
Scout

Postby PaulSWolf » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I've posted all the changes on the USSSP site. I haven't heard recently from Craig Lincoln, who was keeping the wiki here up to date, and maintained the worksheets on both sites. I hope he's OK.

Bob and Jerry - Have you had any contact with him?
Paul S. Wolf, P.E.(Ret.) mailto:pwolf@usscouts.org
Secretary, US Scouting Service Project, Inc.
PaulSWolf
Counselor

Postby wagionvigil » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Come to think of it no
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby loweryr8358 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks for the tip about USSSP; I was looking for an online site to send Scouts for the current requirements.
loweryr8358
Scout

Postby RWSmith » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Yes, thanks to Paul and the USSSP, they have been able to keep up, and I don't hesitate to point to them on the wiki.

However, this wiki thing (al beit, a good idea) has had some problems... namely, being too "open" to editing. So, we've tried some countermeasures; some have worked well, others have not.

I'll do a fresh backup of the entire site this weekend and start soliciting (again) interested members from here to help bring and keep it up-to-date. I've been meaning to do this, but... well, you know... shame on me.

I'll post an announcement (or something) over in the wiki section of there forums (here).

================

Concerning Craig, I've only heard from him once (about two weeks ago) or twice over the past several months. I'm sure that he, like many of us, has had a lot on his plate, too.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby loweryr8358 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:54 am

Just a thought, new requirements and program changes have been available for months. If these aren't going to be kept up to date on meritbadge.org, the site's reason-for-being and relevance come into question...
loweryr8358
Scout

Return to MeritBadge.Org -- The Wiki (Registered Users)