Girl Scout Badges on the wiki

Forum for discussing ideas and needs for MeritBadge.Org (The Wiki)

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for our registered Users to be able discuss ideas and technical issues/aspects of the MeritBadge wiki. This forum is 'visible' to registered Users only.

Girl Scout Badges on the wiki

Postby Howarthe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 pm

I really enjoy contributing to this wiki, and the Girl Scouts don't have one, so I am really hoping that I might create some pages here listing the requirements for some of the various Girl Scout awards. I know that the Girls Scouts is a different organization than the Boy Scouts, but I have a girl and a boy, so I try to blur the line whenever I can, and Merit Badge.org isn't actually "affiliated" with the Boy Scouts of America, so I am really hoping that these contributions will be a welcome addition. Thanks!
Howarthe
Scout

Re: Girl Scout Badges

Postby RWSmith » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Howarthe,

While I understand your position (I have three girls of my own), I must ask you to hold off on adding or modifying any further content on the wiki (MeritBadge.Org) regarding the Girl Scouts of America until I have had a chance to consult with the website's owner and, possibly, the other admins.

While you are correct that we are not "officially" affiliated with the BSA, our websites are dedicated solely to the BSA's several programs. In fact, all of our admins are required to be BSA members and trained to position (including, maintaining Youth Protection certification).

Thanks for understanding... I'll post our decision back here.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Re: Girl Scout Badges on the wiki

Postby optimist » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Actually, including Girl Scout requirements was originally part of the plan but we can't do this because of legal issues. The BSA has a fair use policy which allows us to do what we do but the GSA does not. We cannot violate their copyrights. Sorry.
optimist
Adv Chair

Return to MeritBadge.Org -- The Wiki (Registered Users)