Usage of Information

Forum for discussing ideas and needs for MeritBadge.Org (The Wiki)

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for our registered Users to be able discuss ideas and technical issues/aspects of the MeritBadge wiki. This forum is 'visible' to registered Users only.

Usage of Information

Postby LoganR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello!

My name is Logan. I am a web designer and developer and I want to create a simple android application which lists all of the merit badges and their requirements. I am going to release it for free, and maintain it as free and I am not going to use it for monetary gain in any capacity, only for educational uses so scouters and scouts can easily view requirements for merit badges on their phones, online or offline, with or without connection to the internet.

I mainly want to know if I am I allowed to use MeritBadge.org's information as a primary source of information for the merit badge requirements, giving that I would credit them. I do not wish to break any copy right laws. Fair-use 'should' apply, but I don't like 'should's.

I would contact someone on the wiki, but there seems to be no way at all to contact them, so I came here on the forums. They left no email and you can not create an account by any means to register and the link in the forums to register doesn't work.

Thanks!
LoganR
Scout

Re: Usage of Information

Postby RWSmith » Sat May 24, 2014 10:45 am

Logan,

I apologize for he delay regarding your request.

Check your e-mail; you should have something from me momentarily.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby LoganR » Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 pm

RWSmith wrote:Logan,

I apologize for he delay regarding your request.

Check your e-mail; you should have something from me momentarily.

I never received an email. If you have already sent it, could you please try sending it again? I did receive an automated response though, saying that someone replied, so the email provided is correct.

Thanks.
LoganR
Scout

Postby LoganR » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you guys an update on how the application has been doing.

It has had 339 downloads and today I sent out an update that added chips and some award requirements. I am very pleased with the application and I thank you for allowing me to use the information from your wiki.

If you want to check out, here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dgeviewer1
LoganR
Scout

Return to MeritBadge.Org -- The Wiki (Registered Users)