Merit Badge event ?

This is to be used when something does not fit in any of the Other Forums

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: Merit Badge event ?

Postby kc9901mom » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

:D I just want to report that all of the advice and comments have really helped me to understand the merit badge system, process, program(whatever you call it) and has also given me the confidence that I needed.

In March, I received a phone call from another Council's Advancement Chair offering for me to take over teaching the Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badge for their Bi-annual Hornaday Weekend. I, of course, accepted. In about 5 weeks I will be teaching the Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badge in a Group setting for the 3rd and 4th (and maybe 5th) time for this merit badge.

I was a bit nervous and I had not quite finished modifying the Power Point Presentation that I was given. The scouts' all paid attention and there were no "behavior" problems. I did tell them that they could choose any of the options for requirements that had options but if they chose to do other options than the ones I was going to cover then they would have to contact me to finish up the requirements or they would have to find a merit badge counselor in their District. Naturally, the scouts all chose to do the options I was covering. The next day was class #2 and was a little more challenging because I did not have a projector like I was promised and I had not printed any of my slides. We started a little a late because I was waiting for "my tech" guy to get me a projector and I finally decided to use a Flip Chart that was left in the room that I was moved into. After my class was over, a few of the scouts told me that out of all the classes the whole weekend mine was the most fun.

In my opinion, it is because of this forum and this topic and y'alls willingness to contribute to discussions that I got my "flying feathers" and was able to fly successfully at a second merit badge event. So, thank you, thank you, thank you!
kc9901mom
Star

Previous

Return to General Advancement Information