Commissioner's Award Track

All non-advancement related awards and recognitions. (Anything except Ranks, Merit Badges, and Palms.)

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Commissioner's Award Track

Postby ThunderingWind » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

OK....to make sure I have things straight (because I think I was "told wrong")..

First level: Arrow Head this is similar to Leader's Training Knot
Second level: Commissioner's Key equal to SM/Advisor's Key, same knot, different pin
Third level: Distinguished Service Knot equal to "I don't know"

Is this correct? I was told that the Commissioner's can "earn" the Leader's Training Knot
by doing the same basic things as the Arrow Head minus the teaching at a Commissioner's
meeting but you had to be "recommended" for the Arrow Head.
No Longer a Registered Scouter
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Re: Commissioner's Award Track

Postby smtroop168 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Here's a reference

http://netcommish.com/awards.asp

Since your council won't process your paperwork, you can't get these anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby ThunderingWind » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 am

smtroop168 wrote:Here's a reference http://netcommish.com/awards.asp

Since your council won't process your paperwork, you can't get these anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the link. I thought I was being told something wrong. And yes, I am still not 100% registered here yet.

And you are correct. I asked the District Training Chair about the Leader's Training Knot for my Time In Service as an Assistant Scoutmaster (cover three troops and three Councils). This group will not recognize the time served in other units because they "have no way of verifying my service." When I stated I had notorized copies of my ScoutNet reports from the Councils and Points of Contact she can use, I was further told it was not her job to check these things.

This did not happen when I was in my other Councils and used Time In Service from two Councils to earn my Leader's Training Knot for my role as Crew Advisor/Associate Advisor. The "processing" Council gladly accepted a letter from the Unit COR and Council Registrar stating I was actively engaged and that they requested the requirement of attending Venturing forums/Roundtables be waived because the old Council did not offer them. The District Training chair in that New Council took all the paperwork, and I had my knot at the next District Roundtable (Crew & Troops were combined there).

I understand that this Council is big. The district I am in now is larger than the Council I just left. But there is a mindset in many people of power that is just "not right." Some accept us Military Move-ins, some don't. And paperwork seems to get lost VERY, VERY easily.
Last edited by ThunderingWind on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Postby jr56 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Too bad there are so many people out there with "attitudes"
jr56
Bronze Palm

Postby razor_strop » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 am

ThunderingWind wrote:
smtroop168 wrote:This group will not recognize the time served in other units because they "have no way of verifying my service."

I guess they forgot "A Scout is Trustworthy", huh? :( I didn't realize that little piece of khaki and green cloth needed so much protection from corruption.
razor_strop
Life

Postby ThunderingWind » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:03 pm

razor_strop wrote:I guess they forgot "A Scout is Trustworthy", huh? :(
That is what I was thinking. But it goes beyond that. I have heard it called the "Capital Hill" mentality. Something about only those in power or positions of authority have mental skills to get the job done if they feel it is worthy of themselves to do it.

razor_strop wrote:I didn't realize that little piece of khaki and green cloth needed so much protection from corruption.
It would seem that it would be delivered in an armored truck.
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Return to Awards and Recognitions