How do other packs presents belt loops and badges?

All non-advancement related awards and recognitions. (Anything except Ranks, Merit Badges, and Palms.)

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

How do other packs presents belt loops and badges?

Postby TawneeSantoy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Hello! Our pack currently makes ribbons for each boy (to wear around their neck) and we slide belt loops on and staple any patches they've earned. It doesn't look bad but it's a time consuming process each month and often times ribbons get tangled in transport and things fall off. I'm curious how other packs present awards to the boys?
Thanks in advance for any ideas!
TawneeSantoy
Scout

Re: How do other packs presents belt loops and badges?

Postby tonkatim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am

I just put the award in a baggie and hand it to them. Briefly explain what the award is and the effort to earn it. Shake their hand and then pick the baggie full of awards up off the floor after the meeting. Your effort sounds great and looks cool. I tried to make a big presentation when 25 boys earned the NOVA award and same thing. I picked up 3-4 off the floor afterwards. They have button holes for easy hanging.

Remember to keep it simple and make it fun goes for adults and leaders as much as for Cubs.
I would guess that by your asking that you think it is too much effort.
We do tend to go all out for Rank Advancement with face paint and hoopla. But, not for belt loops and other awards.
tonkatim
Star

Postby jr56 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:46 am

Yup, Same here. I would just place them in ziploc baggies to give to the boys.
jr56
Bronze Palm

Postby TawneeSantoy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback... It is a lot of effort and since they end up falling off I was hoping to find another solution. I opted for the ziplock bags but it was decided that we wanted to stick with a better presentation. We do go all out for rank advancements with face painting as well.
Thanks again!
Tawnee
TawneeSantoy
Scout

Return to Awards and Recognitions